Vegan Food

spathiphyllum | 11:27 Wed 06th Jun 2018 | Food & Drink
Why can other countries nail this niche yet the UK every vegan food item i find is disgusting. Tired them 'wicked' tesco things, they are grim. Get me an indian curry any day

Answers

First Previous 1 2 3

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by spathiphyllum. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

my lunch is salad/marinated grilled veggies with hummus in a pita - just realised it's vegan. Took minutes to do and tastes lovely - I buy the jarred grilled veggie/artichokes, really lovely and probably cooked to your liking...
Fluff, you could have spaph round for dinner ?
Or spath even !!!
errmmmmm i'm having ham egg and chips for dinner :-D
Hmmm
Im not vegan no Islay.

BM, I think chiquitos do lovely food! Just the roasted veg was dire, and not roasted.
Each to their own, Spath. We dont live near one now but there used to be one just up the road from us. Whether it was just that branch I dont know, but it was terrible.
Never heard of Chiquito's. They mustn't have made it this far north yet.
they're in scottyland. it's cooking by numbers ok, not great but not awful and about as mexican as my cat
it is more mexican and tasty than chimichanga.
Not many mexican franchises in the UK so it's hard to be fussy over the south american cuisine
i've been in the kitchens at chiq and it's not mexican in there.....
OK it's technically north, but it's below the main land USA ;)
Hate hard veg. especially sprouts, love them soft.
Me to hereiam! But appaently 'thats how they come' (Eye roll)... It was so rude, but then again, i could have been rude by requesting she cut my pepper.
It's not really "cooking" in these places though. Most of the stuff is just opened and shoved in the oven or grill. A strategically shaven monkey could probably run the kitchen there (and in your case Spath, probably was!).
I'm trying to figure out what under cooked vegetables have to do with vegan food. Could happen in any mid market restaurant chain.
It's all to do with veg, Pasta.
That's the customer you're thinking of, Barmaid.
Well, I hope Spath understands that true vegan is about more than just veg.
Maybe he'd be better off going to a vegan restaurant...?
I could never be vegan. Nor vegetarian for that matter.

I love my veggies but I love my meat, eggs, fish and cheese equally.

First Previous 1 2 3

Vegan Food