Satellite Dish Commission Cost

mizfiesta | 09:42 Fri 16th Aug 2013 | Electronics
I moved house two days ago. I booked an aerial and satellite engineer to come out to the property to fit a satellite dish for my Humax freesat box. Cutting a long story short, it turns out the house already had a dish on the building (I thought it was a neighbours) and the wire that I thought was an old aerial was in fact for that dish (duh!).
Anyway the engineer didn't have to fit a new dish or anything but said the dish/freesat box would need to be 'commissioned' (?). He messed about with the remote control and hey presto (he also said he realigned the dish outside but who knows). Anyway, he charged me £61 for this - £55 +£6 VAT.

My question is - for what the engineer done - was I charged about the right amount? Thanks for all your help in advance.

Answers

Commissioned in this case means "made to work" - so yes, if he did it, the fee is reasonable.
10:35 Fri 16th Aug 2013
Did it work before he came? If not then yes he charged the right amount.

WR.
They always charge too much. But as they usually charge £50 just for call out, maybe your bill was about right.

Satellite Dish Commission Cost