Donate SIGN UP

Bottle Type

Avatar Image
barry1010 | 13:39 Sun 07th Apr 2024 | Home & Garden
13 Answers

Is there a name for the type of bottle that has a large stopper attached to the bottle by a sort of hinge/clip that is used to open the bottle?

Hope someone knows what I mean



1 to 13 of 13rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by barry1010. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.

Is it a Kilner?  

It's a "swing top" - eg Grolsche bottle.

As Elliemay. 13.41ĺl

They are old fashioned pop bottles that we used to get in my youth, if I remember correctly you took them to the shop and got your money back. Emoji have deprived me the ability to copy and paste.

Question Author

That's the ones I'm thinking of, Ellie, same principle as the Grolsch bottles.

Thanks for the help, all.  Swing top and flip top, but I'm sure I called them something else when I was a child. Could be a regional word.


Question Author

MargoT mentions the pop bottles I was thinking of

The old Corona bottles were a wire and stopper arrangement.

The description put me in mind of the old Corona bottles - don't know what they were called.

Question Author

Yes, Corona

Oh that's gone viral.

Mason jar ?

Don't know what they are called but like the old Tizer bottles.

1 to 13 of 13rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Bottle Type

Answer Question >>