dry hands

west ham fan | 19:05 Sun 25th Apr 2010 | Food
Hi I do a lotg of baking and the flour dries my hands out realy bad, any ireas as to what hand cream would be of benifit , my hands are chapped and the knuckles bleed. It dosent help when baking as I am washing my hands half a dozen times during the process. thanks in advance

Answers

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by west ham fan. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

aqueous cream or hemp
and wear latex gloves.
ah yes prevent rather than cure
and you can't be bleeding into your cake mix :o/
the gloves would be better, the soap you use to wash your hands is probably drying your hands out more as well, have you tried using simple soap followed by a moisturiser afterwards
Palmers cocoa butter is a great cream http://www.boots.com/...ormula%20Cream%20100g
Available from boots, Asda, Tesco, Superdrug and most chemists
cocoa butter is really good - i use the tesco one
I use m and s liquid soap and find it much less drying than other brands
avoid antibacterial soap if you're washing your hands a lot as its more drying
Try a barrier cream like Gloves in a Bottle, or Derma-Guard (from Lakeland)....that may protect your hands from the drying effect of both the flour, and all the hand-washing.

dry hands