How do I put my DGM LTV-3289W television off from standby?

JG1965 | 14:20 Tue 11th Oct 2011 | Electronics
I have just bought a 32 inch DGM LTV-3289W television and when I press the Power switch at the side of the TV it only seems to go to standby and the red light is always on ( it turns blue when you switch TV on). What I want t know is how do I switch it off properly with out having to switch it off at the wall, I don't like to leave it on standby all night. Read manual but it does not say.
Thanks in advance.

Answers

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by JG1965. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

If the switch on the side of it does not turn it off and there isn't another switch somewhere on it then the wall switch is the only answer

Or put a switch in the power cable if that's really awkward
Yours is only one of many modern TVs made this way - my Sony Bravia is the same. It's a pain having no 'fully off' switch. Even though they can use very little power on standby, I wonder that the EU hasn't brought out a ban on them on the grounds of energy saving.