Vegan

Canary42 | 21:17 Mon 21st Oct 2019 | Food
I know we visited this topic quite recently,but there was an interesting programme on BBC this weekend, with Football Pundit Jermaine Jenas discussing it with various (vegan, not football) supporters.

It was quite persuasive at times, I'm certainly tempted to move in that direction.

Of course what puts a lot of people off (including me) is the small coterie of hardcore adherents who demand vociferously that we should all agree with them (bit like Brextremists there). Fortunately this programme ignored such folk, the reasonableness of it all making it seem more attractive.

The programme is currenty avaiable on iPlayer (Warning: Some of the "editing" is a bit distracting - why do they have to do this)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p07phy2j/football-going-vegan

Answers

I have no problem with people being passionate about the lifestyle they choose but I do dislike any attempts to try and convert me as part of their journey.
21:30 Mon 21st Oct 2019
I dont see how fertilising fields and killing every animal and bug that goes in the field from fox's to rabbits to little bug trying to live their life is vegan.

We dont have enough land to all be vegans, certainly with brexit it’s debatable if it’s long term sustainable, using vegan methods
Fertilising with pesticide*
I'm with you Canary, considering it more every day. As a vegetarian for more than 30 years now it wouldnt taken much for me to become vegan, its just a case of me quitting the cheese. I had a vegan breakfast, lunch and evening meal but just eaten a yoghurt. Easily do without it and save those poor cows from howling after their young when they are taken away from them so that we can have their milk instead. Thanks for the link to the programme, I'll watch it later.

Vegan