Loch Fyne

jack daniels | 21:28 Fri 18th Jan 2019 | Eating Out
Good evening ABers, not been on for quite some time but good to see some familiar names.
Not a question but just wanted to say Loch Fyne are doing a 50% off meals in January, which we took advantage of. What a saving we made & the food was delicious and the service was great. They were very busy

Answers

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by jack daniels. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Lovely to see you JD, sounds an excellent deal too.
Hi Mamya , thank you x
Loch Fyne closed their restaurant down the road from me in Ipswich because Greene King (who own the chain) couldn't make it pay. They've closed lots of other branches too, so there are only 26 left across the country. Maybe I'll be able to get to Norwich, Chelmsford or Cambridge to take advantage of the special offer though.
The last time we went to Loch Fyne (in Oxford) the food was so c*** with over-cooked fish that we sent it back. Complained to Greene King who sent us a £20 voucher (which we've spent in a different GK establishment). Loch Fyne in Oxford has since closed - no loss whatsoever.
Oh I didn't know they were closing - lucky me for the deal & good food
I've always found it quite nice the times i've been.
I've tended to think they're ok, perhaps a little too keen on fillets, too few whole fish options. But last time we went I got a hair in the starter and my woman's not keen on them now :-(

Loch Fyne