Workmen Driving Me Crazy! Is This Legal!

maggiemcgill | 21:19 Tue 15th May 2007 | Environment
What is the legal time (am or pm) for work men on an adjoining property to work till? Sometimes they are drilling from 9.00pm through till 12.30pm. Surely this is not legal in the U.K. Please help I'm going mad!!!!!!!!!!

Answers

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by maggiemcgill. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

I,m not sure about this but I think they are only supposed to be causing a disturbance between 7 in the morning & 7 at night
It all depend if the property next door is zoned as an industrial site. Is it a private dwelling or a commercial business?

Your best bet would be to ring your local council and explain the situation. They may be able to assist.
What do you mean by "from 9.00pm to 12.30pm"? Using the 24 hour clock, the times you give are 21:00 to 12:30 the next afternoon.
Whoops, sorry about that I meant 9.00pm to 12.30am

The building next door is a commercial property with residential above the same as mine.

Thanks you all for the replies