PC to TV link ???

Avatar Image
gasman | 18:56 Sat 25th Nov 2006 | Computers
3 Answers
I would like to watch the movies i download from Sky on my TV not just on my PC. In the comfort of my armchair in the sitting room or bedroom. the pc is in a totaly different room to any other TV in the house. Does anybody know what software and devices i need to purchase to make this possible.


1 to 3 of 3rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by gasman. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
If the DRM allows it, you could burn the movies to disc (though I'd be very surprised if this is possible).

Otherwise, if your PC has a video out port (many graphics cards offer this), you could try one of those "Video Sender" devices.
Question Author
Thank you .
You can not simply burn a disc as you say, They will not allow it. What am i looking for to see if there is a video out port ??? so i could get a video sender.
It depends on whether you have a dedicated graphics card. If you have, the "video out" is likely to be Composite video (normally a single yellow socket of the "phono" type - you take the sound from the computer's headphone socket) or possibly S-Video (small round multi-pin socket) - assuming that your card does support video out!

If not you could get and fit a card, or I have used an external device that converts the monitor signal to composite - I guess there may be USB devices that will do the job as well.

1 to 3 of 3rss feed

Do you know the answer?

PC to TV link ???

Answer Question >>