Donate SIGN UP


Avatar Image
joe1 | 19:23 Wed 24th Apr 2024 | Jobs & Education
3 Answers

Hi, I am thinking of quiting my current agency teaching role. And finally retiring. ( I am over 70 and pay PAYE through them.

. Do the agency give me a P45 and if so, do I have to send it on to inform HMRC that I am no longer working.




1 to 3 of 3rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by joe1. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.

The agency must give you a P45.  

As you're on PAYE, rather than self-employed, you don't need to inform HMRC that you're no longer working (or, indeed, to do anything else at all with your P45).

Hang on to your P45 - you will need it if HMRC decide you need to fill out a Self Assesment (i.e. you have other income from Savings account, Share dividends, etc). 

Paper is SO last century.

1 to 3 of 3rss feed

Do you know the answer?


Answer Question >>