Carvery

BANANASPLITS | 19:14 Wed 24th Oct 2018 | Eating Out
Just got back from local pub/carvery a lovely meal.
Can't believe some of the plates of food some of the people had piled as high as they could get them ...we just put on our plates what we know we can eat...table next to us left loads on their plates bit of a waste to he honest...do you go overboard at a carvery do you like to get your money's worth?

Answers

1 2 Next Last

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by BANANASPLITS. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

I only plate up what I can eat, any more would overface me.
brings back memories of that Wetherspoon's joke of yours - had fun with that one.....
I don't like an overfill plate. I hate feeling stuffed, and I hate wasting food.
You do see some people pile mountains on their plates, including my cousin and uncle who I had a carvery lunch with recently. And they wonder why they cant lose weight.
If you overstack its cold before you finish so you dont finish.
I can't recall seeing a pub advertising a carvery around here in Suffolk for well over a decade (and probably closer to two decades). They're simply not seen as fashionable (or profitable) any more.

Instead pubs around here want to get as much profit as they can from whatever they serve. This photo, for example, is taken from a review this week in our local rag of the food served at a pub near Newmarket:
http://www.eadt.co.uk/polopoly_fs/1.5747885!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_630/image.jpg
Yes, it's (a rather small portion of) good old scampi and chips. The price? £18.
Oh God. Reminds me of a time I visited my late FIL in the Black country. One of the few local pubs left had advertised a 'All you can eat full English breakfast" I haven't eaten a proper breakfast for 38 years and the smell of a fry up makes me want to chuck up.
The mountains of food on the brummie builders plates just made me heave. Pure gluttony and they were really obese. No muscle on them just tons of adipose. Early Grave awaits. Two cups of coffee and toast with marmite scrape satisfied me for the drive back home to reality. :-)
It was just there was so much left on people's plates what a waste of food
Can't overfill my plate.
Brummie builders in the Black country !.
Same here ummmm put on what I know I will eat
Was a time the porkers would of enjoyed that uneaten food and would supply us back with bacon sarnies. They didn't make the sarnies themselves. Just supplied the bacon. :-)
My local carvery lets you return for veg so just really need to decide what and how much meat you want
//Brummie builders in the Black country !.//

Well Tony.We were in Cradley Heath or Halesowen. Always thought my wife said she was from the Black Country. They all talk with the same great accents.
I put more on the plate than I should, but I eat it all anyway. It's one of the rare times I get my 'five a day'. Veg is low cal anyway.

Sort of put off it in the warmer weather as few establishments protect the food from flies :-( These days it seems eating places don't bother and consider they can't (be bothered to) do anything. Don't know how that attitude became prevalent in this country.
A Brummie accent is different to a Black country accent.
I just put enough I know I can eat. On the other hand, my o.h. piles his on! He does eat it all though....
Just what I can stomach, love my roasters though!
I have a personal rule, I never put things on my plate and then leave them.
Waste is sinful, good rule.
I put my knife and folk on the plate before I leave.

1 2 Next Last

Carvery