Donate SIGN UP

Tax Return On Rented Property

Avatar Image
rogerab | 20:34 Sun 11th Sep 2016 | Business & Finance
3 Answers
I've completed many income tax returns but never had to do one for rented property. I'll need to do one before January. Are they much different to income tax returns? Will I need an accountant?

Thanks in advance.


1 to 3 of 3rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by rogerab. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
If simple, no - there are options to what expenses you can claim like expenses and depreciation on fixtures and fittings, all self-evident in the standard notes.
you need to fill out the relevant section

unless your rents are above £60k I think
three line accounts are sufficient -
takings and expenses and profit

you will pay tax at your top rate on this

I have to say I use an acct - having had regular trouble ( every five to ten years )
Question Author
Thanks everyone for their help

1 to 3 of 3rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Tax Return On Rented Property

Answer Question >>