SIGN UP

What To Do After Electric Shock?

Avatar Image
YooChangHyun | 02:25 Sun 09th Dec 2012 | Science
30 Answers
30 minutes ago I was shocked twice by a 330v 140uf capacitor from a digital camera, I've tried to find out what I need to do, if anything, but I just don't know.

I hope this is in the correct category as I assume this is Physics?

Does anyone know if I'm in danger?

Thanks.

Answers

1 to 20 of 30rss feed

1 2 Next Last

Avatar Image
if you're on here posting a question then you are fine!
02:28 Sun 09th Dec 2012
if you're on here posting a question then you are fine!
Flipin' heck.

I've connected myself to the mains electricity supply rather more times than I'd care to admit to. I've also been thrown across the room by a faulty Klystron oscillator circuit.

Unless you're already dead (and you're posting 'from the other side') you've got absolutely nothing to worry about!
Question Author
Thank You!
I was electrocuted by a fish tank which had leaked water down onto the plug for the pump. i turned it off and - boom! - was thrown 6 feet across room lol.
Are you really that worried if you are sat down asking about it on the internet?
I've had my fair share of electric shocks too in my time. You'll be a bit shaky for a while. If you have burns where contact was made, main thing is keep it clean to prevent infection.
Question Author
Mattk: Yes I am worried. Would I be asking if I wasn't?
Lie on the floor shaking and dribbling convulsively??? If you are capable of being on here, you're fine!
-- answer removed --
If you're worried today, then go to the hospital, let them check you over.
Is everything still okay. YooChangHyun? No after effects?

It's amazing what brings people to Answerbank for the first time.
Some kind of 'circuit breaker' might have prevented this. I wonder where they can be purchased?
You should be all right but will have to go to the hairdressers to get your hair flattened down again.
what were you doinf fiffleing with a digital camera at 1 in the morning? were you bladdered?
lol someone's swapped the g key to the f tut
I suppose, dotty, it may not have been 1:00 in the morning where YooChangHyun lives
we may never know.....
Have a 'Bright Spark' badge!
Such a tiny capacitor can do you no harm. The current available is miniscule and it is the current flow which does harm.
It is not the voltage, birds sit on overhead 132k power lines all the time but the current through them is negligable . Even car spark plugs operate on 40kv + but there's little current to do any harm should you get a shock. However quite a low mains voltage of 50v can kill if you are a good contact to earth .
Where you playing the role of a conductor or a capacitor in this incident? A 330v capacitor doesn't necessarily have a voltage of 330v across it's contacts.

1 to 20 of 30rss feed

1 2 Next Last

Do you know the answer?

What To Do After Electric Shock?

Answer Question >>