Sight Glass for Gas Wall Heater

Avatar Image
davewr | 09:43 Tue 09th Feb 2010 | Home & Garden
4 Answers
Any idea where I might get a sight glass for viewing the pilot light on a Maxol Mayfair gas wall heater? The existing one has cracked. It's 1.25 inches diameter and 0.125 inches thick and any make would do if it is the same size. I haven't had any luck finding Maxol spares.


1 to 4 of 4rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by davewr. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
Shouldn't really matter that it's cracked, apart from appearance. But any decent glazier's should be able to provide a replacement glass.
give gas-on-spares of halesowen a ring (0121 585 7799), Maxol no longer exist so it's a long shot but if gas-on can't help you no-one can.

if they cant get the part ask if there's an alternative.

off the top of my head i can't picture a Maxol Mayfair but if its a balanced flue model then it should not be used with a cracked sight glass in case fumes enter the living space.
Question Author
Thanks for all your help, I'll keep trying as I do want to sort it. As a last resort I'll replace the heater as it is about 25 years old, although it's ok apart from the glass.

1 to 4 of 4rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Sight Glass for Gas Wall Heater

Answer Question >>

Related Questions

Sorry, we can't find any related questions. Try using the search bar at the top of the page to search for some keywords, or choose a topic and submit your own question.