Avatar Image
edw | 11:09 Sat 13th May 2006 | Home & Garden
1 Answers

Have just been told that the flood in my cellar is due to groundwater. Does anyone know what the implications of this might be for both the structure of the house plus will it affects its resale value?

How do I deal with this problem? Can it be rectified or remedied?

Many thanks,



Only 1 answerrss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by edw. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
If "due to groundwater" means the water table has risen in your area (quite common) then your basement is in effect sitting in a pond. If it means that an underground stream has appeared around you, or that stormwater from the surface is affecting you, then these can often be diverted. If you do not know, then in any event your basement can be tanked from the inside to make it dry. There are many specialist ways to do this so look through Yellow Pages or Google and get various firms to submit a solution and price. If a stream has appeared then you could suffer structural damage and settlement from scouring, if it is rising water table you are unlikely to suffer structural damage.

Only 1 answerrss feed

Do you know the answer?


Answer Question >>