Central heating

2wanda | 18:42 Mon 26th Sep 2011 | Home & Garden
I tried to put my central heating on yesterday but when I switched it on and put the thermostat up nothing happened. I thought it may be the fuse but when i took it out the heating stopped and started when I put it back on but still the boiler did not fire up. I then noticed that "power on" light was not on. I have no idea what the problem is and why the boiler wont fire up....Has anyone got any ideas how to make it work please...

Answers

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by 2wanda. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Hi Doc, and Wanda ............. Doc, might the boiler have an internal fuse. That might explain the lack of power light?
Hi, its a Boiler Mate 2000 and I cannot find a reset button on it. Thanks
Look in the manual for an internal fuse. (Google for a manual if you don't have it.)
If there is one, try a replacement fuse (same size). You may be lucky. If it goes again, you'll need to call someone out.
Hang around for Doc. He's a boiler man and guitar player....... he's cool :o)
Nice one, thanks a lot. Will google it now.... :-)
Have you a fused outlet to the boiler that has been turned off? Look at cables from boiler .. or socket plates nearby.

Central heating