searching for father's RAF record

Avatar Image
hpowell | 11:16 Thu 03rd Feb 2011 | Genealogy
4 Answers
I have been trying to trace my father's RAF record for some time but with no success. I do not know his service number but have provided his birth and death certificate and his marriage certificate plus anything else asked for to RAF Innsworth but have been told that without his number they can tell me nothing. Has anyone else had success without the service number?


1 to 4 of 4rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by hpowell. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
what period was your father in the RAF?
Innsworth is for medal claims, have you applied to RAF Cranwell?
Last year I got a complete record of my RAF service 1952-55 from Innsworth, Gloucester.
I had to wait but it was free of charge.
Have you tried the Forces Reunited site?
Do you know where he served? If, for example it was in the Egyptian Canal Zone, there is a site which has many ex-RAF people listed etc.

There is at least one other one.

If you know of a camp he was at, you may find a site for old comrades.

1 to 4 of 4rss feed

Do you know the answer?

searching for father's RAF record

Answer Question >>

Related Questions

Sorry, we can't find any related questions. Try using the search bar at the top of the page to search for some keywords, or choose a topic and submit your own question.