Microsoft Scam

dannyk13 | 14:19 Tue 18th Feb 2020 | Spam & Scams
Received an e-mail this morning, purporting to come from Microsoft, thanking me for my order and informing me that $590 would be taken from my account.There was a phone number to ring if I had any queries.Needless to say, I had not ordered anything and I did not ring the number.

Answers

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by dannyk13. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

It may depend on who provides your emails, but on mine I have discovered that if you put your cursor on the name of the sender at the top, which is probably some variation of 'microsoft' it will show you the address of who it's really from.
I have had similar ones from Apple. Using the method suggested by Khandro, I have checked the email address of the sender and it’s obvious that it’s not from Apple.

you could copy and paste the senders email into google, and you will find its fake.
Thanks for sharing this story, dannyk13. They sometimes use Microsoft, Apple, Dell, etc to fool people. I've read some reports filed at https://www.whycall.me/485-272-2972.html about similar scams since few years ago. Those companies never send these kind of emails to its customers. Just don't call the numbers. Block them and file a report to the authority.

Microsoft Scam