Military Jargon

crisgal | 14:37 Tue 18th Jun 2019 | Phrases & Sayings
I am a Hypnotherapist and have a client who is ex Army.
I don't need to put any details here, but I believe that she is still feeling like she needs to be on high alert - to' protect and serve' as it were, (at least subconsciously).
In order to help her, I want to deliver the therapy in a language she understands, that is quite direct - as if she is taking orders.
I have no knowledge of Army Speak and would like to now, how are you relieved of duties? What would the officer say? I don't want it to sound like she is being discharged because of anything bad. I also don't wan to get it wrong and be 'American'. as her subconscious won't accept that.
Could anyone help me with some jargon that may be familiar to her?

Answers

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by crisgal. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Sorry for errors - stupid phone!
He could say that he thought she could do with some R & R (rest and recuperation)
as you were
or stand down
stand down?
Oh R and R - I love that!
Is there a way they deliver praise? To say they've done a job very well?
Do they stand easy? Or is that American?
You need one or two veterans to contribute here. Baldric is one, ex RM. Stand easy is not American. I do know that.
stand at ease; then stand easy.
"fall out" is when the work is finished. They do a 90 degree turn, one step on the spot and then break ranks I think.
To offer praise just say " good job,well done".
10cs. I too am a vet of 9 years experience.
fall out
I did a dog watch in the wrens lol x
Stand Down or Stand Easy will be acted upon instictively as being relieved of tension.

Military Jargon