Has The Veil Now Been Weaponised?

ToraToraTora | 15:05 Fri 10th Aug 2018 | Current Affairs
I see almost daily that Muslim women are deliberately wearing the hijab/burka etc to deliberately cause problems with the authorities. Are they taking advantage of our legendary tolerance?

Answers

1 2 Next Last

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by ToraToraTora. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

So what is it.. Being forced to by their partners.. doing it out of choice and respect for their religion or doing it to protest?
Have you got a news-link we can discuss?
Have you a link, or is this just your opinion?
TTT, I was sort of alluding to what you are saying in my post at 1443 on the thread below this one.
spath: I don't care we generally do not cover our faces in this country, blend in or go home, I don't mind which.
JTT: no this is a general point based on an increasing number of news reports of late, join in of you feel you can contribute.
Ah, so you're just riding the coat-tails of other similar recent threads?

Fairy nuff....
"blend in or go home"

Considering Islam, and Muslims are not a race.. Where would you liek them to "Go home" to?

They might be British.
So you do not have a link? I did see an article where some women were wearing burqas protesting about Boris Johnson's remarks, not to deliberately cause problems.
Considering Islam has 1,800 followers.. (the majority) Then maybe we should listen to them.. Apparently even if a 2% majority rides, we do what they want and that's it.
(Ignoring Christianity that is)
Spath, Islam has an estimated 1.6 Billion followers.
I don't see anything daily along those lines.
What I occasionally see is non-muslim women donning a hijab in solidarity, despite the reality that they have no idea whether the women are wearing it because they want to or they are being pressured into wearing it.

eh?
Only 1800 , followers and causing all this trouble !!
Sorry.. I meant 1.8 billion
I don't see much "legendary tolerance" on this thread
spath: "Considering Islam, and Muslims are not a race.. Where would you liek them to "Go home" to?" - I didn't say they were a "race" - instead of trying to turn our country into where thwy came from surely it would be better if they stayed there.
"They might be British." - if so then they have had plenty of time to learn our traditions and customs.
"I see almost daily". Yeah right. This is just stuff you make up when you're bored on the night shift.
"of time to learn our traditions and customs."

What are those, again? I didn't get the memo on birth.
the night shift?

1 2 Next Last

Has The Veil Now Been Weaponised?