Donate SIGN UP

How old has a car got to be to be taxed exempt?

Avatar Image
wesgerrard | 11:04 Fri 30th Mar 2007 | Motoring
8 Answers
Hope someone can answer the above question! Thanks in advance!


1 to 8 of 8rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by wesgerrard. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
25 years i think but not to sure
nope sorry.
For your vehicle to be tax exempt, it must have been manufactured/registered before 1 January 1973.
you still need to display a tax disc, but there is no cost.
Question Author
Will it always stay at 1973 or wil it go to 1974 next year? Thanks
it used to be a rolling 25 years but good old Gord put a stop the that one so it has to be registered before 1973 now.
it's frozen
kujawski is right, the torys made it a rolling 25 years but the labour govt. changed it to include vehicles registered up to 1st jan 1973, so if you have a car up to the old 'k' plate ( ie; AAA123K) you are entitled to free road tax and it will be classed as historic vehicle not plg.
Don't forget that a pre-1973 vehicle will only be tax exempt provided it has current insurance and MOT.
The car has to be manufactured before 1973 NOT registered. I had an R reg (1977) morris minor that was tax exempt. It saw service abroad for a few years before so it had never been registered over here.

1 to 8 of 8rss feed

Do you know the answer?

How old has a car got to be to be taxed exempt?

Answer Question >>

Related Questions

Sorry, we can't find any related questions. Try using the search bar at the top of the page to search for some keywords, or choose a topic and submit your own question.