Donate SIGN UP

Thick European Hot Chocolate

Avatar Image
Prudie | 20:53 Tue 21st Mar 2017 | Food & Drink
12 Answers
A very few times I've ordered hot chocolate in a cafe on holiday in Spain or Italy rather than what we usually get it has turned out to be a most delicious thick dark gloopy cup of something more like a hot chocolate sauce (quite different to normal). Does anyone know what I mean and does it have a name or different process? It's heavenly.


1 to 12 of 12rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by Prudie. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
Simply add some cornflour (or, as it's called on this US website, 'cornstarch'):
Yuk. I thicken gravy with that. Don't fancy it in hot chocolate though.
It has no flavour it works fine.
Question Author
I can see it could be cornflour, thought it would be something more complicated, I might try the Italian recipe.
Oh lordy...this French recipe looks good. It uses dark chocolate instead of cocoa powder. Also milk...and cream. I'm going to try it!
and use a not-too-sweet cream....The Neths does an amazing Chocolade warme mit slagroom - to die for. (They don't have much else other than some of their breads).
Yes I know it has no flavour and works fine thank you mamya, I use it.
I'd probably leave the sugar out.
OMG pasta, that's what you call a hot chocolate. Will be trying it. Thank you.

1 to 12 of 12rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Thick European Hot Chocolate

Answer Question >>

Related Questions

Sorry, we can't find any related questions. Try using the search bar at the top of the page to search for some keywords, or choose a topic and submit your own question.