Goldfish

kooky kitty | 07:43 Wed 24th Aug 2005 | Food & Drink

Does anyone know why fishmongers dont sell goldfish? I love fish and have tried everything from cod to shark,  I would love to try goldfish, but cant find anywhere that sells it, surely someone somewhere must eat it as ever other fish you can think of if freely available.

Answers

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by kooky kitty. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Its carp. I understand that it isn't particularly tasty but is okay stuffed
thank you woofgang, I've didnt realise goldfish was carp, which I have tried. 
ive tried goldfish.  not cooked, in fact not dead.  wiggles all the way down.  i was extremely drunk at the time.  and it was a dare.  you understand.
oh immortal you'll never go to heaven lol,
try your local fun fair - they usually sell them....although you have to gut them yourself.

It's actually a Koi carp, so expect to pay a hundred pounds for one big enough to eat!!!

I've eaten a golden carp. It was disgusting. I've never spent so long picking bones out of my teeth. I don't actually think this type of fish actually has ANY flesh at all.................................

Goldfish