Donate SIGN UP

Food Going Down Wrong Hole

Avatar Image
smurfchops | 20:03 Thu 23rd Nov 2023 | Body & Soul
7 Answers

Happening to my elderly hubbie on a very regular basis...  any cure for this?  As usual, won't see doc.  



1 to 7 of 7rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by smurfchops. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.

Is he chewing properly??

There are a lot of ways dysphagia can be treated or eased. But only by visiting the GP who will advise.

Question Author

Thanks all.  Driving me mad. 

As Jim says, a visit to a GP is called for here.  This page though indicates some of the possible causes that the GP is likely to consider:

To people who have a medical condition but who won't seek a GP's advice, the answer is surely...carry on suffering!

Food or liquid going down wrong. All the time or with specific foods. If liquid he should see doctor as could become dehydrated. Make sure he is sitting up well and stays up for a while after eating. Give small amounts of soft food and not too big to block airway should it go down wrong. He really should see a doctor though

Quote from topic rubric :-

Disclaimer: Information here is only advice from other members and must not be taken as professional guidance. 

As suggested, refer to Doctor please.

1 to 7 of 7rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Food Going Down Wrong Hole

Answer Question >>

Related Questions

Sorry, we can't find any related questions. Try using the search bar at the top of the page to search for some keywords, or choose a topic and submit your own question.