Donate SIGN UP

Tax Disc / Private Plate

Avatar Image
Oneeyedvic | 09:54 Wed 12th Oct 2011 | Motoring
1 Answers
I am just about to SORN my car (as it is completely knackered) and it will be in my local garage until a replacement engine can be sourced and replaced. It will then be sold.

I have now purchased another car and I wish to get the plates of my original and put it on this one. (I don't have V5 for this yet as bought yesterday) but have the V5C/2 (new keeper supplement).

What is the best way of transferring plate and getting money back on tax on original car?

Presumably can post it but I know that there is a DVLA office fairly local - can they sort it out?


Only 1 answerrss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by Oneeyedvic. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
I think the vehicle you are taking the plate from has to have a current MOT.

Only 1 answerrss feed

Do you know the answer?

Tax Disc / Private Plate

Answer Question >>