Donate SIGN UP

Upvc Block Of Flats

Avatar Image
Suetheramble | 21:35 Tue 08th May 2018 | Law
3 Answers
I own the freehold to a block of flats. Instead of paying of scaffolding for external decoration periodically, in accordance with the lease, it has been decided to install UPVC guttering , soffits etc. There is a "section" something process I must following ( because I suppose I am going to break the terms of the lease in theory by not decorating every so many years) Anyone what process I must follow to advise the lessees this is what the management company would like to do?


1 to 3 of 3rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by Suetheramble. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
Sections 35 and 37 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987 gives the majority leaseholders the right to apply to a Tribunal for a variation of their lease under certain circumstances.

Legislation here:

Some explanation here:

Application form here:
Hang on. On re-reading your post I see that you're the freeholder, not a leaseholder. However it's still the provisions of Section 35 that apply.
Question Author
Many thanks Buenchico.

1 to 3 of 3rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Upvc Block Of Flats

Answer Question >>

Related Questions

Sorry, we can't find any related questions. Try using the search bar at the top of the page to search for some keywords, or choose a topic and submit your own question.