underpaid holiday back pay

Avatar Image
stoke72 | 10:57 Thu 09th Mar 2006 | Jobs & Education
1 Answers

I have recently discovered that as a shift worker my holiday pay should reflect my shift allowances rather than the basic pay I have been receiving.On questioning the appropriate people they agreed that I had been underpaid and that they would rectify the situation immediately, however when it came to reimbursing me for the shortfall I was offered only a three month back payment. Should the back pay be greater as the holiday payment law came into force with the working time regulations of 1998 and would therefor form part of my contract, being signed after this date. Could this be classed as unlawful deduction from wages and therefor a breach of contract?


Only 1 answerrss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by stoke72. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
i would check with your union or the citizens advice. many employers try it on thinking that you will take what they offer rather than risk getting nothing.

Only 1 answerrss feed

Do you know the answer?

underpaid holiday back pay

Answer Question >>

Related Questions

Sorry, we can't find any related questions. Try using the search bar at the top of the page to search for some keywords, or choose a topic and submit your own question.