Donate SIGN UP

Temporary Car Insurance for visitor from USA to the UK

Avatar Image
deanna | 17:35 Fri 15th Jun 2012 | Insurance
3 Answers
Hi. I have a friend thinking of coming over for 4-5 months from the USA and has asked me about getting car insurance. I have surfed the web and contacted my car insurance company. No one will cover him for more than 28 days! My insurance company won't let me put him as a named driver on mine so I am stuck! :( please help.....


1 to 3 of 3rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by deanna. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
What is he planning on driving? If it's your car, then he may well be out of luck. If it's a hire car, then insurance will come with it - at a cost.
Question Author
Hi SeaJayPea. He would be driving my car. Usually he only stays for a month and I add him to my policy. Seems crazy that there doesn't seem a way he can be insured for longer. Thanks for taking the trouble to reply.
See if any of the links here help:

It's worth remembering that (say) a one month policy often costs around a quarter of a full annual premium. You might find it easier (and no more expensive) to seek a full year's policy for your friend, rather than a 'short term' one.


1 to 3 of 3rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Temporary Car Insurance for visitor from USA to the UK

Answer Question >>

Related Questions

Sorry, we can't find any related questions. Try using the search bar at the top of the page to search for some keywords, or choose a topic and submit your own question.