Donate SIGN UP

Capital Gains Tax

Avatar Image
Scarlett | 00:01 Tue 02nd Apr 2024 | Home & Garden
4 Answers

I am a few years away from selling my house, but when I do, I will need to pay capital gains tax. I could do with some help with this as I know nothing. I'm trying to work out what would be considered a capital gains expense, that can be offset against the tax. Does anyone have any experience of this?!



1 to 4 of 4rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by Scarlett. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.

If the house is your main residence, you won't need to pay CGT. 

Otherwise, start here:
(Click 'Work out your gain').

Question Author

Buen, thank you, I did try this. But came unstuck when it came to listing the expenses. They are really woolly about explaining what you can and can't include. 

Question Author

Thank you Brainiac!

1 to 4 of 4rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Capital Gains Tax

Answer Question >>