can anyone help identify an antique object?

Avatar Image
KatieG | 11:14 Wed 18th Jun 2008 | History
2 Answers
I am trying to identify the correct name of an object that has been in my family for over 100 years. It is a very small ivory/bone object which looks like a bobbin, however, when you look through one end you can see a tiny photograph of my great-grandmother. I estimate that it's late Victorian.


1 to 2 of 2rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by KatieG. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
It sounds like it may be a Stanhope viewer.

See the following link for more information about these. tml
Question Author
Hi Cheeky Chick - is exactly what this is! Brilliant! Thank you so much. x

1 to 2 of 2rss feed

Do you know the answer?

can anyone help identify an antique object?

Answer Question >>

Related Questions

Sorry, we can't find any related questions. Try using the search bar at the top of the page to search for some keywords, or choose a topic and submit your own question.