Claiming Uni costs on tax in Australia..?

Avatar Image
arthurbach4 | 23:24 Fri 19th Feb 2010 | Personal Finance
1 Answers
I just completed a Master of Teaching (primary) at Melbourne Univeristy in Australia and I was wondering whether my books and more importantly the unit fees are claimable on tax.

I took the deferred option in terms of the unit fees whereby I pay them back when I earn over a certain amount (can't remember the amount at the moment), so presumably this would make a difference.

I am now working as a teacher if that makes a difference.



Only 1 answerrss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by arthurbach4. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
This site is used primarily by UK users so you may not find anyone here who knows about Autralian tax arrangements, but if tthe system is like the UK system then you can't claim the cost of study books against tax here.

Only 1 answerrss feed

Do you know the answer?

Claiming Uni costs on tax in Australia..?

Answer Question >>

Related Questions

Sorry, we can't find any related questions. Try using the search bar at the top of the page to search for some keywords, or choose a topic and submit your own question.