I and my OH are planning a big holiday out in the Caribbean somewhere, So do we opt for a Sandals holiday or is there another all inclusive travel agent who are just as good or even better? Or which island would you suggest as best?
07:47 Tue 08th Nov 2011
Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by moonraker558. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Antigua's Jolly Beach resort is good place to stay,went there a number of years ago.
Antigua itself is a beautiful island with plenty of beaches.
Barbados is also very nice especially the West coast :-)
I was lucky enough to win a 7 night's all inclusive holiday to Barbados earlier this year. It was with Almond Resorts, they have 3 resorts on Barbados (and 1 I think on St Lucia). We opted for Almond Beach Village and it was excellent - I would definately recommend trying them
Thanks to both of you I will do some research on them.
I'd highly recommend you check out St. Kitts and Nevis in the Lesser Antilles chain. Lots of places to stay, great diving, laid-back and somewhat British in culture... we've enjoyed them for years. Not a lot in the way of night life, but small price to pay for everything else in an unspoiled setting...
Check out Tortola in the's paradise.
Do you definitely want all inclusive? I think you get a more authentic Caribbean experience if you venture out to local restaurants, bars, shops etc. I can highly recommend Barbados, either the west or south west coast.
I have been to Sandals St Lucia (1997) and Beaches ( part of Sandals chain - 2003) and both were lovely except for the fact that we were ripped off on the rooms.

They don't skimp on food or drink or entertainment. However ... I think I could have got more for my £10k in the Turks and Caicos ..
I took my mum to the Bahamas ( Radisson Cable Beach - 2000) and the whole holiday cost just over £3k. Money well spent!!

Related Questions £5 million to boost fishing in the...
6a Small islands in the Caribbean (4) 15d Subsidiary course? (9)
does anyone have the answer to Chat Issue 46 Puzzle 5 on Page 29 please...
CHAT MAGAZINE ISSUE 43 - 22 OCTOBER 2015 Does anyone have the answer to Puzzle 7 on Page 29 of the above issue of Chat please.... 2/Gun-toting-Prince-William-battle-cocaine-pir ates-Caribbean.html Well it seems like "Action Man" Prince William is now off on a sunny Caribbean cruise,...
This may need to come under travel, but I thought it would fit under 'Places'! Why is the West Indies called the West Indies? What does the West Indies include? What does the Caribbean...