loosing power

My 05 clio has started running really fast and loosing power, it really struggles jumping a bit like a kangaroo, anyone any ideas.
16:59 Thu 19th May 2011

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by poppyk. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Your clutch could be slipping, if you go up hill do the engine revs go up but the car struggles to gain speed?
This sounds like a problem with a sensor in the engine management system. Since cars don't usually have chokes anymore, the EMS decides how to control the fuel/air mixture. If it's not doing its job properly you will have problems like the ones you describe.