Wine Of The Week

Always in search of a new grape variety, I was excited to see a limited edition Inycon Grillo 2010 on offer in Tesco. Grillo, a grape variety with which I was hitherto unacquainted, is a bold and expressive grape variety and one which the Incyon makers have used to create a superb white wine, full to the brim with flavours of tropical fruits and satsuma, with a lasting crisp lemony zing. This wine strikes the perfect balance between freshness and richness. Currently half price in Tesco at £4.99. Offer ends 18 March.
10:50 Thu 08th Mar 2012

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by NoMercy. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

2 3 Next Last

Golly!

=0o
Looks good NoM

Not strictly wine, but a reminder that Aldi have their excellent Irish Malt Whiskey "Clontarf" back in stock at £14.99 from today for a limited period.
Thanks for that, Dave. I know someone who is moaning that I drank all his whisky... ;0(
I'm in search of a couple of good wines for this weekend.

Saturday night I'm doing a goats' cheese starter and probably pork or beef for the main, so I want a hardy red. I'm not keen on French reds, but like most others.

Sunday we have B-I-L and S-I-L round for dinner. Roast chicken et al. S-I-L only drinks Rosé, which I'm not too au fait with.

Any recommendations?
Will have to try that one NoMercy. Tesco have been doing Albali a great white wine from the Valdepenas area of Castile La Mancha £4.00 a bottle
NoM, just curious - have you ever been on any courses relating to wine or are you just an enthusiastic amateur? I love reading your "reviews."

Mrs O
Plonk drinker
Albali is very popular in Spain.
Thanks, Mrs O. I haven't been on any wine courses or anything like that, but have visited vinyards.

I quite fancy becoming a Master Of Wine and then buying wine for the Big Guns!
That's ambitious, HB.

I don't think even Oz Clarke is a Master of Wine, is he?

You would be NoMercy, MW. That would be jolly.
It doesn't take a great deal to become a Master of Wine, Seagull.

Most buyers for Supermarkets these days are.
I went round the Codorniu winery & caves a year or two back - very impressive & some excellent cava to sip afterwards :=)
Oooh, that's an idea. The Marques de Monistrol Rosé is on offer in the Co-Op!
Maybe The Ed could sponsor you, HB?
So is the excellent white (see my late post to last weeks thread) ...
Will check it out, Dave. Thanks.

JJ... what a fab idea. ;-)
any decent red wine on offer this week?
I think last week's WOTW (Miwok Ridge) is still on offer, Mickrog.

I wouldn't mind a hearty Zinfandel if anyone can recommend one.
thanks NM i will give it a try
Just spotted that aldi have a pink on offer

http://www.aldi.co.uk...ecial_buys3_23651.htm

Hardy's Stamp is usually OK :)
You won't be disappointed, Mick. Best offer red I've had in a while.

Cheers, Dave. That looks rather yummy actually.

2 3 Next Last