ChatterBank6 mins ago
London Wetland Centre
The London Wetland Centre is a wetland reserve managed by the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust (WWT) in the Barnes area of London. The Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT) is a leading conservation organisation saving wetlands for wildlife and people across the world. WWT is the only UK charity with a national network of specialist wetland visitor centres.
The 42 hectare London Wetland Centre is the best urban site in Europe to watch wildlife, an international award winning visitor attraction and a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI).
WWT London Wetland Centre is a stunning nature haven in the heart of the city with beautiful walkways set amongst lakes, ponds, meadows and reedbeds. It is home to a wide variety of wildlife including over 180 species of birds, water voles, amphibians, bats, grass snakes, slow worms, butterflies and moths.
The spectacular 105 acre reserve also features:
• Impressive visitor centre with restaurant, gift shop and a cinema showing a short 'wetlands' documentary.
• Heated viewing observatory.
• Six hides so you can get up close to the wildlife.
• A collection of rare birds.
• Explore adventure area and interactive Discovery centre for children.
• Free guided tours, an interesting way to learn more about this spectacular 42 hectare wildlife haven.
• A regular programme of children's activities during weekends and holidays.
The new architect-designed bat house is now completed and accessible for viewing on the Sheltered Lagoon. There are also daily events which are designed to enhance the visit; it is advisable to check beforehand what events are currently running.
Contact details for the London Wetland Centre tel: 02084094400, fax: 02084094401, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The WWT London Wetland Centre is open seven days a week except 25 December.
Summer opening time until end of October: 9.30am to 6pm (last admission 5pm).
Winter opening time from start of November: 9.30am to 5pm (last admission 4pm).
Early closing on 24 December (last admission 2pm, centre closes at 3pm).
If you would like to view search results for wildlife reserves click here.