Hi, Can anybosy tell me the cremation process??

for example, does the coffin / casket get cremated with the body?, what temp does it take?, is the body completely burned to ash??

i am really interested in this subject.

Thank you in advance
02:12 Mon 30th Apr 2007
Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by Irishlad74. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Wikipedia can answer all your questions:

One for ethel
The coffin is ALWAYS burned with the body. The body is not removed - the whole lot goes in.

Not everything burns to ash. Bones and so on are ground to a powder. Each body is done separately.

I'm sure someone told me that they remove false hips, etc, before they get cremated?
Pacemakers are removed, not false hips. Pacemakers may explode.

Burning the coffin seems a bit of a waste to me.
Why not get a job in the local crematorium or as an undertaker then you will know first hand !! What a morbid subject , are you thinking of departing soon and want too know what's going to happen to you ?
No SHEHE but somebody very close to me passed away recently and as cremation is not very common in ireland, i wanted to know more about the process because he was cremated. Call it therapy if you must!!

If U have any further problems with this question....... please let me know and i would be happy to contact you direct!!!
Sorry , didn't know the circumstances . Hope you are now getting over your loss .
Why doesnt Stelios open Easycoffins? Resell coffins at 1 fifth the price of full cost but not burn them?