what is copy typing?

is it just typing up things that have been written down?
16:44 Tue 07th Feb 2006

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by CiderMonkey. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Yes. It could be typing that someone else has previously done. Something that someone has handwritten.

You just literally copy things that you see. Sometimes you may have to put it into a nicer format than the original.

Yes, but it's usually taken to mean being able to type without looking at the keyboard; it's a measure/definition of competence.
100 wpm is usually the minimum requirement though

It can mean translating rough written notes into a smart letter. The term is used to distinguish from audio typing, where a letter is recorded for a typist to type.

Touch typing is where you don't look at the keys.

nfn, please don't take offence if I correct you. I think you may be confusing the speed with shorthand - 100 wpm is a reasonable amount for shorthand but for typing 100 wpm is very fast. A good copy typing speed for most people would be around 50 wpm.