Worm in the toilet!!

Help! I found a live worm in my toilet last night when I got home from work. It was probably about 6 inches long, very thin and dark in colour. It COULD have been an earthworm, but I thought they're usually lighter in colour. My question is: Could this have crawled up through the pipes and settled in the toilet?

I'm scared to think it could have come out of my boyfriend or myself!!
02:11 Sun 22nd Oct 2006

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by kelbillug. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Did it look like any of these beauties???

http://www.fatfreekitchen.com/home-remedy/worm s.html
No, it kind of looked like the roundworm but it was dark in colour. The round worm was light.
Was it raining hard ? if yes it was prob wash into ur drainage them made its way up ur u bend i`v seen this after heavy rain
Parasitic worms are nothing like real worms, it won't have come out of you! Agree that you have back up after heavy rain - partially blocked drains somewhere
Thank you everyone! I feel much better now knowing it probably just came from outside... not inside :)