New Garden Bench

Good morning,
I've just bought a new hardwood bench for the garden and just wondered if I should give it a coat of teak oil before I put it out or weather it's good to go as it is? What would you do?
11:46 Sat 25th Feb 2012

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by Frank97. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

I oil all my hard wood furniture every year or it loses it's colur and turns to grey !!
Thanks murraymints, I was intending to do that anyway so I suppose an extra coat won't do any harm, plus it's a beautiful day here so I may as well just get on with it.
I prefer the weathered colour myself
Dp7..Happy Days!!!
Never stand it on grass. If you want it to be on the lawn, put a tile or a slab under each leg. My garden seat ( inherited ) is now getting on for 40 years old, and is still sound, but if it had stood on grass it would have rotted long ago.