Gladioli

When can I plant Gladioli corms into my allotment?
18:28 Tue 15th Nov 2011

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by john1066. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

in the spring, after the frost.
If you want them early start in pots of compost in a greenhouse then plant out in the potted clumps once frost risk is over
Thanks Guys.....Got another one. What can I plant on my allotment now? x
broad beans under cloches, winter lettuce if you start it indoors, if you can find someone doing pre started plug plants you might get spinach to stand through the winter too
By the way John, when you plant your gladioli make sure they're planted well down about 18-20cm so they stand erect and don't lean over. I made that mistake this year. My soil was so hard due to dry Spring I could only plant them at about 12cm.