runner beans

Hi All,

I planted runner beans in the greenhouse 2 months ago, they grew right up to the top of the net,flowered in profusion, but no beans. is this because of the lack of pollinators or just lack of daylight hours?
thanks,
alf.
21:46 Sun 06th Nov 2011

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by old-wos-is-name. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

It's much too late in the year, wos - my neighbour's beans had fruited and finished two months ago.
^ or, next time, you can always try hand-pollinating them with a paintbrush.
Hi. O-W-I-N.
Try again next May-June,in large pots,filled with good compost.
And they will need plenty of water.