The AnswerBank will have a massage at 2:00 AM

Has anyone used or tried

Truvia - the new sweetener in place of natural sugar - I am not keen on diet drinks or sugar replacements like saccharin or Splenda / Candarel as it has an awful aftertaste. Just curious to know if it has this 'aftertaste'.
21:29 Thu 26th Jan 2012

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by Purple_Popple. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

I have heard of this. The one I heard was called Stevia.

Has anyone seen it in the shops???
I've not tried it yet, but it gets very mixed reviews on Amazon.
Seems that even though it claims to be natural it contains a high proportion of erythritol. Erythritol may be a natural sweetner (I don't know) but I do know it comes with a glucose aftertaste for me.
I suppose it's a case of "suck it and see".
Havent tried it. The one I am using is SlendaSweet from Sainsbury. Use it in tea and coffee and on cereals and fruit, no aftertaste as far as Im concerned.
Hi, I bought some the other day and tried it in coffee, still seems to have a after tastes IMO. Save your money.

Lisa x
http://side-effects.o...via-side-effects.html

i read this and got put off, i hate teh after taste of sweetners so i wont use them and can't drink diet drinks
I think Stevia is the extract that is used, rather than the brand.
I tried it...AFTER each mouthful of coffee comes a sachhariny taste...not very nice.. Wife tried and didn't like the taste.. (We both use Hermesetas,which are very good).
Stevia is the plant from which this new 'natural' sweetener comes...it's been available in the States-and is now being marketed in this country under various brand names.
Stevia`s been around for donkey`s years. I had a bottle of it about 10 years ago. It left a horrible, bitter taste. There`s no substitute for sugar but the best (if you can call it that) sugar substitute I`ve tried is sucralose (Splenda etc.) At least it`s a sugar derivative so it`s not quite as bad as some.
No, I still use Natrena. You can't get in in the UK any more for some reason, so I buy it up when we go to Spain. Lasts ages, and there is no aftertaste at all.
go without sweetners, or stick to good old sugar, sugar will only make you fat and rots the teeth, but does not cause all the problems that the sweetners are supposed to cause. I hate the taste of apartame, and more and more drinks people are using it because its cheaper than sugar. ugh.