pick me up tonic

Anyone got ideas for a pick me up tonic? I had a bad tummy bug in October, then sciatica, now a cold and sinus trouble. I feel fed up with it all, Im never usually ill!
So I would welcome any ideas, I cant think of anything(except a night with Johnny Depp!�!!!) which I dont think Id have the energy for anyway! Maybe someone has a good home remedy? Many thanks in advance.
13:42 Sun 16th Nov 2008

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by beattie819. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

I had a really bad case of flu over Xmas a few years ago and it went on for ages. I went and stayed with my parents and brother and we played Monopoly and soem other games. Although I was feverish and aching all over it did pick my up.
You could try a desertspoon of apple cider vinegar, with honey, in a glass of water (or with apple juice), three times a day. It's said to be an excellent and natural pick me up and has the added benefit of being a good detoxifier.
Poor you beattie. After a tummy bug you need to re-populate your tum with some good bugs so start a course of probiotics. Not a lot you can do for sciatica except some gentle stretching.Lie down and bring your knees up to your chest and gently rock for a few minutes. Sciatica has a nasty habit of reoccurring when you least expect it. Sinus and cold problems,try filling a bowl with hot water and add a few drops of Olbas Oil then cover your head and the bowl with a towel and take some deep breaths, in through the nose and out through the mouth.Marvellous for clearing the gunge. Hope you feel better soon.
Those dissolvable vitamin C tablets you get in tubes are good especially after colds and such.

How about a nice spa day, a good facial and body scrub and relaxing massage.
Get yourself some echinacea - from supermarkets or health food shops especially at this time of the year..
Thank you all for your suggestions. I think I will try the lot,its just been one thing after another. I need to be well for Christmas, as I have a houseful of 20!!!!!!!!!! Maybe I should ask for a spa weekend from Santa. Thanks again