Recording Freesat programmes

Does anyone know if it is possible to record Freesat programmes on a Panasonic dvd recorder (model DMR-EZ49VEB). I have a Panasonic Viera tv and a satellite receiver dish. The Guide only gives Freeview options but I can watch Freesat on the tv
15:58 Tue 28th Feb 2012

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by Jenufa. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Basically.... No.

The recorder is freeview only, if you are watching freesat channels then it's the TV that has the freesat tuner built into it.
Thanks for that but there is an article about recording from digital satellite receivers in the manual which unfortunately I don't quite comprehend. If it is possible to record will I need a HDMI cable which I am not using at the moment. Incidentally, my tv only gives Freeview channels in the Guide as well.