WW1 Munitions Girls?

Are these WW1 munitions girls? Can you identify them further from the uniform - I've seen some in skirts. I think they are probably in South Wales. I also posted this in CB. Thank you

http://i55.tinypic.com/14bi1rt.jpg
07:53 Mon 11th Apr 2011

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by horseshoes. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

They got to wear such glamorous clothing :-)

no sorry I have no idea.
I know - bless 'em.
I have a photo (taken in approx. 1920) of my late grandfather with some girls who are wearing almost identical clothing. My grandfather was a supervisor in a textile mill in Yorkshire, and the girls are some of those whom he supervised. My guess is that the girls in your picture are wearing overalls that were standard issue for the time, and were probably worn in many kinds of factory.