Car Road Tax Due

Still haven't receive my car road tax renwal reminder. Previous year I received it 3 weeks before the expiry date.

Do I need to chase this up with DVLA?
04:55 Sat 25th Dec 2010

Hopkirk
Best Answer
Pay with a debit card and you don't pay the £2.50.

I doubt if the Post Office will let you pay by credit card either, without an extra charge.

The Post Office is a right hassle with having to produce certificates. It is all checked electronically on line, and no snotty cashiers challenging your credentials.
22:31 Sat 25th Dec 2010 Go To Best Answer

Get the correct forms from post office and follow instructions or you can do it online, a reminder is just that, a reminder.
Thanks for the answers. Never bought the car road tax online before as I always bought it in the post office. Do I just walk in the post office and fill in a form? Can't remember which documents I need to present when buying the car raod tax. Is the Log book? MOT certificate? Insurance certificate?
Here you go.

You don't need the reminder

http://www.taxdisc.di...ly+for+a+tax+disc+NOW
Beswad, if you do it on line you don't need any documents at all - DVLA check out while you are applying on-line that you have current MOT and insurance and you own the car. You need a number from the log book, and you pay £2.50 extra if paying by credit card - but it's dead easy, the site tells you what to do next. We have renewed our road tax on line for a couple of years now, no need to take docs down to the PO and queue, and they email a receipt to you so you have proof in case it gets delayed in the post. Do it now!
Thank you for the advices. Will pop in the post office in on Wednesday, save myself £2.50, if not will have to do it online.

I do agree hopkirk, and no sarky comments if you fill in the form and go outside the boxes!
One time it was refused because I produced the new insurance certificate starting the first of next month (tha date the tax was to start) She said I had to prove it was insured on the day I bought the tax.

The next year a different Post Office refused for the opposite reason. (Current certificate produced, which ran out the day before the tax was to start)

Never again will I stand and be humiliated in the Post Office.
I had a similar problem with the MOT . w
I had a problem with a MOT . It was a valid MOT on the day I tried to renew the tax but ran out the day the new tax was due . So I had to get a new MOT commencing before the tax renewal date. The annoying thing was it was being rejected on line without an explanation and it was only when I went into the PO that I was told what the problem was.