Car insurance after crash

I have recently had a bad crash in my car. The other driver admitted it was his fault to the Police at the scene of the accident. I have reported it to my insurance company but he hasn't. The car is a write-off and I am owed approx. £8000.
What I want to know is, if he still refuses to report the accident to his insurance company, will my company pay anyway ?
Also, I am having to rent a car to keep working. How do I go about claiming the cost of this from his insurance company ?
07:51 Wed 13th Jul 2011
Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by mikey4444. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.

1 to 8 of 8

What level ins do you have ? Fully comp will pay out to you but third party (TPFT) wont.
I dont think he's under any obligation to report it to his ins co, but you can, if you got his details you can contact them
you don't have to do anything, this is what you've been paying your insurance for.. they will deal directly with the other insurers.
Errr... mdoo...

3rd part or fully comp is irrelevant if it's the other drivers fault! as sara says, just leave it for your insurance company to sort out, mikey.
Errr chuck "will my company pay anyway "
Question Author
Thanks Guys, this has been very helpful. I do have fully comp. insurance, but my company CIS seem to be moving with glacial speed. I had heard that unless he reported the accident, my company would just wait until he does.

Actually I made a report to his company myself last Friday. They have given me a claim ref.

Once again, thanks to everybody

Its likely that my car will be written off.
Welcome to the world of car insurance, when it comes to payout they are dreadfully slow, and strangely, a lot faster when looking for payment
As long as you have the details of his insurance company and the police who attended the accident then you will eventually get a payout. Unfortunately as others have already said companies are very good at dragging their heals following a claim.
Ensure you speak to your insurance company reference the hire car, if you did not add courtesy car cover then they are not obliged to pay for transport costs arising from loss of your vehicle.
Failure by the other party to inform their insurance company will just mean things move even slower unless you keep chasing them.
You can claim from the other side the cost of the hire and other expenses not covered by your car insurance (loss of earnings, personal injury, damage to clothing, personal possessions, taxi fares, anything extra you have had to pay for because of this accident). If you have legal expenses cover they should do it for you.

1 to 8 of 8

Related Questions

Hi There just wandered if someone could help me, i borrowed my fiancee dads van on monday and he borrowed my car to get it serviced for me, i was driving his van for the day and in the morning i had a...
My friend took his wife's lease car and crashed it he's uninsured and unlicensed. He has had previous convictions for driving without a license but nothing in the last 8 years. He's not driven in that...
I had a car crash in october 2009. single track road on a rainy morning, collided with oncoming vehicle. Police came and did there stuff(breathalysed/arranged recovery). Police man said as far as he...
My Car along with 3 others has been crashed into by a driver who had stolen the car so he had no insurance is there anybody who i can make a claim against for the damage made to my car,the driver of...
My Car along with 3 others has been crashed into by a driver who had stolen the car so he had no insurance is there anybody who i can make a claim against for the damage made to my car,the driver of...
Not sure this is Body and Soul question but here I go; My husband was diagnosed 2 years ago with epilepsy (after a year of diagnostic tests). Therefore since November 2008, my husband has not driven a...

Latest posts