How do make a room look wider?

I'm just about to decorate my bedroom which is long and narrow and I'm thinking of papering two walls and painting the other two. I've found some lovely wallpaper which is a paleish blue with white sketchy roses on it, and I was going to paint the other two walls white/off white. Which walls should I paint and which ones should I paper to make the room look less narrow and more wider?
13:21 Fri 12th Jan 2007

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by lizzi. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Not sure, but I would suggest the use of two mirrors on opposite walls. They reflect off each other and make the room look bigger.
the longer two walls u should paint light, and the smaller two walls u should paint darker. doesn't have to be really dark just a bit darker than the two long walls, what happens is the darker walls appear visually closer making the room less narrow. hope it helps.
ok
If you want to make the room fel wider paper the two small walls, and paint the two long walls.
Thanks guys, I'll give it a try!