Bloating after eating bread

I always end up feeling bloated after eating bread, no matter what sort. Is there a type of bread that I can eat, either toasted or for a sandwich, that doesn't have that effect? TIA
14:51 Mon 07th Aug 2006

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by DillyGent. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

I don't know of any, Dilly, and articles on bloating always seem to say to avoid bread, rather than X type of bread. don't know if it's the gluten, so maybe gluten-free wouldn't do it? I have the same problem so will be reading the responses!
Hi DillyGent, it probably is the gluten :-( I am intolerant too, so I eat Dietry Specials bread and Rolls, and they are improving... they have bought out Rustic Rolls now, and wasn't too bad... The bread needs toasting but the rolls can be eaten from the pack. Outrageous prices though, at 1.99 for 4 rolls and 2.50 upwards for a loaf.
Have you tried Soda bread? usually means you have to bake it yourself though, or get someone else to bake it for you which is always much nicer...
http://www.glutafin.co.uk/en/article.asp?chco_ id=335
B. xx
it probably is an intolerance to gluten, most of my family has it, my dad suffers from a bloated stomach if he eats it, and it gives me headaches, palpitations and dizzyness if i eat too much of it. i find cutting it out for awhile, and then reintroducing it back into your diet gradualy can be helpful. there are alternitives, pretty expensive but i think kinda worth it. or just limit the amount of wheat you eat a day. dunno if thts any help