Cruft's

Anyone off to Cruft's ? Are you showing and , if so, what breed(s) ?
Good luck, if you are!
14:19 Wed 07th Mar 2012

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by FredPuli43. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

2 Next Last

I'm showing on Saturday, first my GSD whose classes start at 9 am and then I have got two Lancashire Heelers of my own and am showing two others for another person. They are third breed in after Buhunds and Pulis! So won't be in till after lunch. Will be running between two different halls all day, and will leave the GSD with his breeder while I show the littlies. Hope to meet up again with Jules and Thugulike sometime, with their Rough Collies and Mastiff respectively. Its on More 4 every night from Thursday to Sunday and there is a Youtube channel something to do with the Kennel Club but not sure how that works!
I will be there.

http://www.youtube.com/crufts

Jacky, I presume you have seen the press release about having to have your bench number on your crate, if you use one?
Yes thanks, have invested in a bench guard for the GSD rather than a big cage as last year it was too big for his bench and I had to put him on an empty end one. Just used a ringclip and old card with my name and number, plus mobile number, at an open show last weekend. Most people hadn't bothered! I'll take some spare cards and a felt tip with me as I am sure some won't have remembered.
None of mine do benches. No way will Ted go in a crate either. LOL
Just as long as it's a Westie that wins.........
I agree with JD lol xx
My brother and sister in law are showing Griffons.The have won there before.
Last time a Westie won Best In Show was 1990 - Ch Olac Moonpilot.
I like Griffons, I used to dogsit for a smooth coated one (Griffon Brabancon)
sweet little girl.
Jonathan Woss has got a Griffon bred by a friend of mine.
They started off by rescuing Griffons,but they have show ones as well now.
15 altogether.
One is never enough! Sound like people after my own heart. Wish them good luck from me.
Just seen a fabulous advert in 'Our Dogs' for Thugulike's Mastiff Ch Fearnaught George Formby - celebrating his wins especially Top Mastiff 2011.
Very good luck to you all that are entering your dogs. xxx
I think a Westie should win too..........they are so obviously top dogs :-)
Realistically people like us have no chance of winning the top prize, there are a select few who have top dogs who win all year round at the big shows, and they are well known often with well known handlers. The BIS will probably come from one of these, or maybe a top winner from abroad. They are all very good dogs though, so we can't complain. Most of us are happy to get a place in our class, and even Best of Breed is out of our league in most cases! Having said that, anyone of us COULD win, but we still take the best dogs home!
If the father of my GSD gets Best of Breed, he stands a good chance in his Group, as the judge has done him well in the past. He won the Group last year too, so hoping he goes one better this year and takes Best In Show!
Well the winner wont be a Bulldog or a Pekingese as they have failed the vet checks.
Go Schnauzers of all sizes.
Did you notice the Griffon was a smooth coat?

2 Next Last